Carl Sassenrath - Background
- Roku, Principal Engineer. Design and development
of streaming video set-top boxes, television sets, and more.
- REBOL, President. Head of design and
development of advanced new software systems for
- VIScorp, Consulting Director of Software.
Chief designer and project manager of system software
development for next generation Amiga based boxes.
- VideoStream, Inc., Vice President of Product
Development. Pioneering next generation interactive
television technology for broadband systems.
- Pantaray, Inc., President. Developed a range
of products, including the CDTV (Commodore's consumer
based CD-ROM system), the VISCorp Cable Box Operating
System, CD-ROM simulation, premastering, and optimization
tools, one of the first non-linear digital video editors,
and the first motion video from CD-ROM (CDXL).
- American Multimedia, President. A new venture
directed toward introducing CD-ROM multimedia into
employee training departments for the top corporations in
the US. We focused on technology to provide simple,
TV-style, motion video user interfaces from CD-ROM.
- Sassenrath Research, President. Programming
and consulting company. Wrote the main development tools
for the Epyx Handy (Atari Lynx hand-held game machine),
created Amiga Logo, wrote the book: Guru's Guide to the
Commodore Amiga, and other code for Electronic Arts, VPL,
- Apple Computer Advanced Technology Group,
Technology Manager, Headed the development of next
generation object-oriented operating system and program
execution environments. (Cray Supercomputer)
- Commodore Amiga, Inc., Manager of Operating
Systems. Designed and implemented one of the first
Multitasking Operating Systems for personal computers.
The design included pre-emptive multitasking, message
based communications, dynamically loading libraries and
devices, interrupt system.
- Next Generations Systems, President. Designed
and coprogrammed the NGS Forth programming system for the
- Hewlett Packard, Computer Group, Software
Engineer. Developed one of the first graphically
oriented user interfaces (1982) utilizing a bit mapped
display, icons, fonts, a mouse, and remote procedure
calls (RPC). Also responsible for the development of
HP3000 operating systems (MPE).
- National Science Foundation. Upper atmospheric
physics research scientist at the South Pole,
- University of California, Davis, Behavioral
Biology Department. Wrote programs to model and
simulate neurons, statistical analysis of behavior.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, University of
California, Davis. Specialized in computer
- KVIQ (ABC) Television. Technical director as
part of commercial and news production departments,
including live broadcast.
- KEET (PBS) Television. Program switcher and
Send comments to: email@example.com